Zhaohui Huang, MD
Deputy Director and Principle Investigator, Wuxi Cancer Institute, Affiliated Hospital of Jiangnan University, Jiangnan, China
Dr. Huang received his B.S. degree from Anhui Normal University in 1998, obtained his M.S. degree from Zhejiang University in 2001, and M.D. degree from Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University in 2010. From 2012 through 2013, he worked as a visiting scholar at Feinberg Medical School, Northwestern University, USA. As the head of projects, Dr. Huang has been working on a series of (more than ten) projects, including three projects from National Natural Science Foundation and two projects from Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province. He has won several provincial prizes, including third prize of Science and Technology Progress Prize of Jiangsu Province. Dr. Huang has published over 70 articles in Cancer Research, Clinical Cancer Research, Nature Commnunications, International Journal of Cancer, Scientific Report, etc., which were cited more than 2,000 times.
His research interest has been focusing on (I) the genetics and epigenetics of gastrointestinal cancers; (II) early molecular diagnosis of cancers; (III) tumor microenvironment and extrcellular vesicles.
Articles Published in Annals of Translational Medicine
- Zhang J, Bian Z, Jin G, Yuhang Liu1, Min Li1, Yao S, Zhao J, Feng Y, Wang X, Yin Y, Fei B, Han X, Huang Z. LncRNA IQCJ-SCHIP1-AS1 is downregulated in colorectal cancer and inhibits cell proliferation. Ann Transl Med, 2019, accepted.
- Huang Z*, Gu B. Circulating tumor DNA: a resuscitative gold mine? Ann Transl Med, 2015, 3(17):253
Articles Published in Other journals (selected)
- Bian Z#, Zhang J#, Li M, Feng Y, Wang X, Zhang J, Yao S, Jin G, Du J, Han W, Yin Y, Huang S, Fei B, Zou J*, Huang Z*. LncRNA-FEZF1-AS1 promotes tumor proliferation and metastasis in colorectal cancer by regulating PKM2 signaling. Clin Cancer Res, 2018, 24(19):4808-4819.
- Jiao J#, Zhang R#, Li Z#, Yin Y, Fang X, Ding X, Cai Y, Yang S, Mu H, Zong D, Chen Y, Zhang Y, Zou J*, Shao J*, Huang Z*. Nuclear Smad6 promotes gliomagenesis by negatively regulating PIAS3-mediated STAT3 inhibition. Nature communications, 2018, 9(1):2504.
- Yin Y#, Yao S, Hu Y, Feng Y, Li M, Bian Z, Zhang J, Qin Y, Qi X, Zhou LY, Fei B, Zou J, Hua D, Huang Z*. The immune-microenvironment confers chemoresistance of colorectal cancer through macrophage-derived IL6. Clin Cancer Res, 2017, 23(23):7375-7387
- Yin Y#, Zhang B#, Wang W, Fei B, Quan C, Zhang J, Song M, Bian Z, Wang Q, Ni S, Hu Y, Mao Y, Zhou L, Wang Y, Yu J, Du X, Hua D, Huang Z*. MiR-204-5p inhibits proliferation and invasion and enhances chemotherapeutic sensitivity of colorectal cancer cells by down-regulating RAB22A. Clin Cancer Res, 2014, 20(23): 6187 - 6199
- Wang Q#, Huang Z#, Guo W#, Ni S, Xiao X, Wang L, Huang D, Tan C, Xu Q, Zha R, Zhang J, Sheng W, He X, Du X*. MicroRNA-202-3p inhibits cell proliferation by targeting ADP-ribosylation factor-like 5A in human colorectal carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res, 2014, 20(5):1146-1157
- Huang Z#, Huang S, Wang Q, Liang L, Ni S, Wang L, Sheng W, He X, Du X*. MicroRNA-95 promotes cell proliferation and targets sorting nexin human colorectal carcinoma. Cancer Res, 2011, 71(7): 2582-2589
- Huang Z*, Wen P, Kong R, Cheng H, Zhang B, Quan C, Bian Z, Chen M, Zhang Z, Chen X, Du X, Liu J, Zhu L, Fushimi K, Hua D, Wu JY*. USP33 mediates Slit-Robo signaling in inhibiting colorectal cancer cell migration. Int J Cancer, 2015, 136(8):1792-1802
- Bian Z#, Jin L, Zhang J, Yin Y, Quan C, Hu Y, Feng Y, Liu H, Fei B, Mao Y, Zhou L, Qi X, Huang S, Hua D, Xing C, Huang Z*. LncRNA-UCA1 enhances cell proliferation and 5-fluorouracil resistance in colorectal cancer by inhibiting miR-204-5p. Sci Rep, 2016, 6:23892
- Huang Z#, Huang D, Ni S, Peng ZL,Sheng WQ, Du X*. Plasma microRNAs are promising novel biomarkers for early detection of colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer, 2010,127(1):118-126